For Immediate Release
October 24, 2012
Contacts: Jennifer Talhelm, 301-405-4390 or email@example.com
Who Should Go To College? A UMD School of Public Policy Dialogue
- The Maryland School of Public Policy Presents "Who Needs College?" - a discussion about the benefits - and challenges - of encouraging more students to attend college.
- Monday, October 29, 2012 starting at 12:15 p.m.
- School of Public Policy Atrium - Van Munching Hall, University of Maryland
- What are the benefits - and challenges of college? Who should - and should not go to college? Robert J. Samuelson is a columnist for the Washington Post. In a column last May 28, he argud that "It's time to drop the college-for-all crusade." University System of Maryland Chancellor - and former University of Maryland President - William "Brit" Kirwan answered back June 7, arguing that it's "Not college for all, but college for more." The School of Public Policy at the University of Maryland have brought the two men together to talk about this increasingly important issue looking at the future of education.
- Media coverage is welcome.
- For more information, contact:
Jennifer Talhelm, Director of Strategic Communications
University of Maryland
School of Public Policy
2101 Van Munching Hall
College Park, MD 20742