For Immediate Release
September 24, 2010
Contacts: David Ottalini, 301 405 4076 or email@example.com
USA Science & Engineering Festival Opens with Live Powers of Ten Concert
- Powers of Ten - A Journey in Song from Quark to Cosmos : Opening program of the USA Science & Engineering Festival.
Download the Program.
- Sunday, October 10, 2010, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Elsie and Marvin Dekelboum Concert Hall , Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, University of Maryland.
- Join composer David Haines and more than two hundred singers from the Washington, D.C. area on an amazing musical voyage from quark to cosmos.
The twenty-odd songs of Powers of Ten are bursting with musical flavors that evade description: a bit of classical, a touch of jazz, a dash of pop, a sprinkle of rap. By the time you're done, Powers of Ten will have taken you on a wild ride that starts with human beings and scales downward to fingers, fleas, amoebae, viruses and finally to quarks. The return ride scales up from earth to sky and beyond - landing finally in the cosmos of black holes and galaxies.
The lyrics are fact-packed, often hilarious - and occasionally even tug at the heart strings.
Free - But Ticketed
This event is free of charge to attend, but seating is limited - so you must have a ticket to be admitted. To reserve your seats, use this Buy Tickets link or call 301-405-2787.
Guests can pick up their reserved tickets on Sunday, October 10, from the Ticket Office at the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center. If tickets are not picked up at least 15 minutes prior to the show, they will be released to other patrons.
This event is produced and presented by the USA Science & Engineering Festival and the University of Maryland, which is a major sponsor of the festival.
- LIVE AND STREAMING EVENT:
UMTV - The University of Maryland's cable TV station - will carry the Powers of Ten program LIVE in both Prince George's and Montgomery Counties. Comcast customers can watch on Channel 73 in Prince George's County and on Channel 2 in Montgomery. On Verizon, the event will be on Channel 40 in both counties.
Powers of Ten will also be streamed live (link will also be archived for future viewing) (requires Silverlight plugin for Mac and PC) by the University of Maryland and fed live by fiber to Verizon's AVOC switch. Media wishing to take a live feed of the event should contact:
Manager, Northeast Operations
Crawford Communications, Inc.
5901 Kingstowne Village Parkway - Alexandria, VA 22315
Traffic: 703-750-0010 - Cell: 703.342.9919
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org- Website
- Media coverage is welcome. Tickets will be available at the media table outside Dekelboum Hall. Parking is available in the Stadium Drive Garage across from the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center and just off University Blvd.
- For more information about this event , contact Dave Ottalini at the University of Maryland: 301-405-4076. For more information about the USA Science and Engineering Festival, please contact Aimee Stern of Stern Communications at 202-744-5004.
Keywords: Science, Engineering, Technology, Festival, Music, Powers of Ten, University of Maryland, Education, Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, David Haines
USA Science & Engineering Festival
Powers of Ten Home Page
Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center